Who Should Obtain APEDA Registration?
Every person who is an exporter of Scheduled Products shall obtain APEDA registration. A person can be registered either as a merchant exporter or as a manufacturing exporter.
Why APEDA Registration? Benefits
APEDA Registration Is Mandatory For All Exports Of Scheduled Products. Through APEDA Registration, An Exporter Can:
- Obtain guidelines on improving the packaging and marketing of the Scheduled Products to be exported.
- Attend training sessions conducted by APEDA in various aspects of the industries connected with the Scheduled Products.
- Get enlisted under the Exporters Directory available on the APEDA website.
- Get brand publicity by advertising and promoting the products with the APEDA registration.
Products monitored by APEDA.
The APEDA is responsible for promoting and developing the export of the following products that come under the scheduled products category as per the APEDA Act.
- Meat and meat products
- Fruits, vegetables, and their products
- Poultry and poultry products
- Dairy products
- Honey, jaggery, and sugar products
- Confectionery, biscuits, and bakery products
- Cocoa and its products, including chocolates of every kind.
- Groundnuts, peanuts, and walnuts
- Cereal and cereal products
- Pickles, papads, and chutneys
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Guar gum
- Herbal and medicinal plants
- Floriculture and floriculture products
Along with these products, one of the primary responsibilities of the APEDA is to monitor the import of sugar.
Documents Required for APEDA- RCMC Registration
- Details of registered office, head office and branch office.
- Self-certified copy of Import Export Code (IEC) issued by the Director-General of Foreign Trade.
- Bank certificate in the prescribed form to support the financial soundness of the applicant.
- Certified copy of MOA (in case of a company) or partnership deed (in case of partnership firm) or trust deed/Memorandum of Rules & regulations (in case of trust/society).
- Details of registration with other Export Promotion Council/Commodity Board, if any
APEDA Registration Fees
- ₹5900 (inclusive of GST).
- Payment can be made either online (credit/debit cards) or Offline (Demand Draft in favour of APEDA payable in respective cities of APEDA Offices).
- Government fees paid will be refunded by the registering authority in case of refusal of registration.
When Can the Registration Be Cancelled?
The registration can be cancelled by the authority upon:
- Furnishing false information
- Breach of rules by the registering authority
- Breach of conditions imposed in the certificate of registration
- Failure to export the scheduled product for 12 consecutive months